Do you want to connect PS3 controller on PC or want to use PS3 controller on PC? On today Windows 10 helps we are going to show you how to connect PS3 controller to PC?
If you have a new PS3 controller, then it’s great. And if you are here, then you must be finding a path for how to make the ps3 controller work on pc. Friends, you are at right place. Here, you will find best ways for ps3 controller Windows 10.
How to Connect PS3 Controller to PC?
Let’s discuss how to use PS3 controller on pc Windows 10 step by step.
Step 1: Downloading The DS3 Program To Your Computer To Run Ps3 Controller On Pc
- To connect ps3 controller to pc first download the programme named DS3 Tool on your pc from the following link: https://ds3-tool.en.softonic.com/download
- Go to little down and download the latest version, or any other compatible version you want and click on “follow the instructions.”
Step 2: Installing the Program and set-up the PS3 Controller
Now click on “Latest version” (or the version you select) and install it and then set up your ps3 controller with it.
Step 3: when you’re done
- After installing, set up your ps3 controller and open the game and then go to settings of a controller, and replace each control, with the ps3 controller.
- For example, in a game using SPACEBAR “jump” is done from the keyboard, you can change it to be the X button on the ps3 controller, and so on.
Step 1: First, plug your PS3 controller with a USB cable to your PC. You will find a screen like an image below.
Step 2: Download Microsoft .NET 4.0, Visual C++ 2013 Runtime from Microsoft website from the following link and install it on your pc:
Step 3: Next, install latest Xbox 360 controller driver on your pc. It is for your system to recognize your PS 3 controller.
Note: download Xbox 360 driver from the official Microsoft website and install it on your Windows.
- You can do it automatically, too with Driver Easy. It will recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. For that download and install driver easy.
- Run the software and click on Scan Now.
- After that click on update all or click on update for a particular update of Xbox 360 controller.
- Now download an emulator (SCP toolkit) for your Windows to recognize your PS 3 controller as an Xbox 360 controller from the following link: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
- Next, Extract the downloaded files and go to ScpServer > bin and open ScpDriver- Application type.
- Click on Install.
- After installation closes the open window.
- Now go back to bin folder and double-click on ScpMonotor.
- You will see your PS 3 controller shown as Pad 1.
Step 1: Turn on the PS3 Controller and press PS button on a controller.
Step 2: Using USB cable connect PS3 Controller to PC. Make sure that USB driver is installed correctly.
Step 3: Go to SCP Toolkit Website from the following link and enable the controller of your PlayStation 3 to steam games.
Step 4: Now, install it by following on-screen instruction.
Step 5: Download SCP Toolkit Driver Installer from the following link and open it:
Step 6: Uncheck the option of install Dualshock 4 Controller.
Note: download the latest driver which is compatible with windows 10.
Step 7: Go to the check the Box and choose Dualshock 3 Controller to Install >> Check Wireless Controller >> Click install. After the installation is completed your ps3 controller on pc windows 10 is ready.4
Step 1: To use ps3 controller on pc, you have to download and install MotioninJoy form its official website. MotioninJoy is a device/tool that will allow the PS3 controller to work with a laptop or computer/pc.
Here is useful video tutorial:
Step 2: Once the program installed, open it.
Step 3: Now open your Device Manager tab and check the box controller. Now, load the driver. Continue with the installation of the driver even though the driver is unsigned.
Step 4: You can also download and install better DS3 for ps3 controller pc. You can access this free download from the developer.
Step 5: After finishing the tool and driver installations, you can configure your controller. Create a new profile for all of your button configurations. Give the profile a name and save it. You can then set up Bluetooth, too.
You don’t need to connect the controller via USB. You just need to connect your controller to your Windows PC and start playing your game. Make changes according to your need for the controller. If you don’t do that then your controller not detect it properly. In case you are using a wired controller then you need to plug PS3 controllers USB cable on your controller.
It is all about how to use a ps3 controller on pc. We hope any of above method surely work for you. If you have any doubts, then use the comment box. Thank you!