How to Fix Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable
The active directory domain services unavailable error is one of the most common problems or errors in Windows 10. This error occurs when you connect a new printer to you PC. Many users have reported the problem in printers of HP, Lexmark, Canon, etc.
So, if you see a message like active directory domain services is currently unavailable, this guide will help you to fix this error. Here are some ways by which you can solve the active directory domain services unavailable error in Windows 10.
The first thing you should try is using Windows Troubleshooting tool to fix this problem. You can troubleshoot your printer like this:
Select Windows+W key and type troubleshooting
Now select your printer and use the Troubleshooter Tool to find and fix any issues with printer
This should fix the Windows 10 active directory domain services unavailable error.
But if this doesn’t work try the next method!
Check Network Installation
If you still see the active directory domain services unavailable message, you should try checking the Network installation.
For this, follow the following steps-
- Open Control Panel and select Printers and then go to Add new Printer.
- Now, click on Network Printer and Browse for Printer.
If this works for you then great, otherwise these are some more things that you can try.
Reinstalling the Drivers
You can also try reinstalling your drivers. Many users have tried this for the active directory domain services unavailable error on Windows 10 and have successfully fixed the problem. So you can give it a try too.
Restarting Printer Spooler
If are still facing the Windows 10 active directory domain services unavailable error message, try this.
- Press Windows+R key on your keyboard.
- Now, on the pop-up menu, type services.msc
- From the list that appears, select Print Spooler.
- Right-Click on it and select Properties.
- If you see the Service Status as Running, stop it and then restart.
This should work out and fix the active directory domain services unavailable error. But if it doesn’t, try the next method.
Reboot your router and add the printer again
If you are still getting the active directory domain services unavailable error message, try the following trick-
- Reboot your router and turn off your firewall for a few seconds.
- Now restart your computer
- Once done, open Control Panel and select Printers
- Now, choose Add New Printer. From there, select Browse for Printer and Add the device.
The Windows 10 active directory domain services unavailable error should be fixed by now. Hope these methods and tricks helped you and you have successfully fixed the issue. But don’t panic if the error is still there. Leave a comment with the necessary details and we will help you fix it personally. Also, if you have any suggestion, feedbacks or question feel free to drop a comment as well. For more such articles, stay tuned to Windows 10 Helps!
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Stop Error on Windows 10 (ks.sys)
- How to Setup Dual Monitors Windows 10?
- Windows 10 Store Not Working : How to Fix It?
- Kernel Security Check Failure Windows 10 Error