Are you getting Svchost.exe (netsvcs) High CPU usage? In our today’s article, we are going share solution for this issue. Keep reading.
When your pc is working slow, you get frustrated due it’s slow speed, but you have no clue from where to fix this Svchost.exe (netsvcs) High CPU error. So if you are working on windows pc, then svchost.exe netsvcs might be the reason that causes you to have high CPU memory usage and makes your pc slow.
- Xbox 360 Controller Driver Windows 10
- Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working
- problem with wireless adapter or access point
Svchost.exe (netsvcs) High CPU Usage:
Table of Contents
Malware works as the destruction of your operating system, so it is always necessary to fix it. The key causes of netsvcs high CPU usage are Malware that interrupts while connecting to the internet. So very first make sure that your pc protected against malware or spyware and at last ensure your computer’s HOST file repaired because it is frequently affected by svchost.exe. Seldom simply restarting your pc can also give you rid of the issue particularly when you work with older hardware.
What Is Svchost.Exe (Netsvcs)?
Svchost.exe is a legitimate and generic Windows process that loads several other essential services for proper Windows operation. But in some cases, users are complaining that Svchost.exe is hogging their CPU or Memory resources without apparent reasons.
Most of the cases the svchost high CPU windows 10 problems occur on computers that are affected by a malware program or a virus. In the rest of the cases, Memory leak problems or svchost high CPU usage can be created by a Windows Update, or by other programs or by a full Event log file or services that start many processes during their execution.
In this article, you will find how to troubleshoot and resolve memory leak or svchost.exe high memory caused by svchost.exe (netsvcs).
How To Fix Svchost.Exe High CPU Usage?
Solution 1: Scan your computer for viruses
Many malicious programs or viruses can cause the svchost high CPU problem. So, before you proceed to troubleshoot the Svchost.exe high CPU usage problem, check and malicious programs or remove viruses that may be running on your computer.
Solution 2: Find and Disable the service
Svchost.exe 100 CPU is a process that is needed by several programs or services for them to run. So, determine which service or program runs under the svchost.exe process and control your system’s CPU and memory resources and then proceed to disable or uninstall that program/ service.
Step 1: Press Ctrl, Alt & Del keys together to open Task Manager.
Step 2: Go to the Processes option, check the Show processes from all users check box.
Step 3: Now check and right-click on the svchost.exe process, select and Go to Service(s).
Step 4: Inside the services tab, you will find many highlighted services that run under the svchost.exe process.
#1 : Now find out which process is controlling CPU resources: for that, you have two ways.
A. You can make a sequentially search for all highlighted services using Google and see if the searched service is critical – or not – for your computer.
B. You can try one by one sequentially stop services until CPU resources come back to normal. To stop a service temporary:
#2 : First choose a service, right click on it and select option of Stop Service.
After you have found out the service or program that affect the performance of your pc, go to Services in Computer Management to remove the culprit program or to disable that service.
To disable a culprit service on your pc permanently:
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously to open run command box.
- In a run, type services.msc and press Enter.
- In Services window, find culprit service and right-click on it and select Properties.
Note: most probably, the culprit service is the Windows Update Service.
- Change the Startup type from manual to Disabled, press OK and restart your pc.
Solution 3: Empty Event viewer log.
In some cases, netsvcs high CPU problem has to do with the big log files in Windows function viewer. So, the alternate solution is to clear Event Viewer’s log. To do that:
Step 1: Together press Windows + R key and open run command box.
Step 2: Now in the box type eventvwr and press Enter.
Step 3: At Event Viewer, Double-click on it to expand Windows Logs.
Step 4: Right-click on Application and select Clear Log.
Step 5: Perform the above step for Security, Setup, and System log and clear it.
Step 6: After that restart your pc.
We have already shared a list of best log management tools which you can use for event log analyzer.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot Windows Updates problems.
In other computers, Svchost high memory problem may occur when in the background Windows searches for updates. To solve high CPU usage problems during Windows Update, perform the following steps.
Step 1. Force Windows to re-create an empty Windows Update Store folder.
The Windows Update Store folder which is also known as “SoftwareDistribution” folder. Inside this folder Windows stores all the downloaded updates. If this folder is damaged, then you will find problems during Windows Update. So, try to force Windows to re-create a new empty Software Distribution folder. To do that follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously to open run command box.
- In the run box type services.msc and hit Enter.
- Find Windows Update and right click on it and choose Stop.
- Now go to “C: Windows” folder.
- Rename or Delete * the “SoftwareDistribution” folder.*Note that when you restart pc, the Windows Update checks for available updates and a new empty Software Distribution folder will be created itself by Windows to store updates.
- Restart your pc and check for updates.
- If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
Step 2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Download Microsoft’s Windows Update Troubleshooter to your pc or laptop.
- After installation run Windows Update Troubleshooter and press Accept shown in the image.
- Select on the Detect problems and allow to fixes for option (Recommended).
- Permit the program to repair problems with Windows Update and then restart your pc.
- After that check for Updates again and if the problem persists go to the next step.
Step 3: Install the newest version of Windows Update Agent.
- Go to the download site of Windows Update Agent and download the relevant package for your Windows version and edition.
- Open WindowsUpdateAgent*.exe and Run it.
- Close all running programs and choose Next.
- Select Agree and press Next.
- Once the installer finishes the installation, restart your computer.
Step 4: Install the critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-097.
- First go to the below given link and click on the appropriate Internet Explorer Cumulative Security Update (2898785) according to your Internet Explorer version and Windows Version.: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms13-097
- On opening it, on the next screen select your IE’s (menu) language and choose Download.
- Run “IE11_Windows*-KB289875*.exe” and install the update using on-screen instruction.
- Restart your computer and check for updates again.
Step 5: Fix Corrupted System files by using the tool- System Update Readiness tool (aka “Deployment Image Servicing and Management” – DISM tool).
- Go to System Update Readiness tool download site and download the DISM tool for your Windows edition and version.Note that Windows 8 already contains the DISM tool, so for Windows 8, open an elevated command prompt and type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
- Open the download file and double-click to install it.
- After installation, restart your computer.
- Check for updates again and see if the svchost high usage problem persists or not.
Solution 5: Repair Corrupt Files And Restore Registry Hive
Download Reimage Plus to scan for corrupt files from the following link and find the corrupt file, repair them:
Solution 6: Windows Update Client update for windows 7
Depending on your system, try updating the Update Client from the link given below and check the problem is solved or not.
Note: If this method determines and solve the issue, then there is no need to disable updates. However, if it does not work, then you can disable.
It is all about how to fix Svchost.exe (netsvcs) High CPU Usage. We hope any of above method may work for you. If you find any problem, then we have experts for you to solve your problems so just use the comment box for it. If you like it, then share it. Thank you for reading!