While trying to run windows update, if you can see a Windows Update error code 0x8024a105, then here in this post you can see some fixes to solve this issue. With Windows Update, you will see four to five line message for the error code 0x8024a105.
During the windows update and downloading the KB4020102 update, I got this message on my screen. And while searching, I did not find any permanent solution. So for the users like me who need some help to get out the windows update error 0x8024a105, we are here to help you.
Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105
- 1 Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105
- 2 Fix 1: Run Troubleshooter
- 3 Fix 2: Clear and Reset Software Distribution Folder
- 4 Fix 3: Reset Catroot2 Folder
- 5 Fix 4: Fix the Corrupted Files
- 6 Fix 5: Customize Windows Update Settings
- 7 Fix 6: Perform a Clean Boot
- 8 Fix 7: Reset Windows Update Tool Agent
- 9 Fix 8: Update Drivers
- 10 Fix 9: Reboot Your System
- 11 Fix 10: Switch Internet Connection
- 12 Conclusion:
Fix 1: Run Troubleshooter
- Running Troubleshooter is the basic fix for any error in windows 10.
- Go to the start menu, type troubleshooter in the search bar and hit the enter button.
- As the Troubleshoot Window open, click on Windows Update to expand the option.
- Run the troubleshooter, and it will detect the problem.
- Follow on-screen instruction and fix the error.
Fix 2: Clear and Reset Software Distribution Folder
- Clear and Reset Software Distribution Folder can this error. The steps to follow are:
- Open search bar and type CMD and choose command prompt and right click on it. Choose run as administrator.
- Now type one by one following command and press enter after pasting each command.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Now go to the Software Distribution’s download folder and delete all content of the folder:
- Again open the command prompt and paste the following command in the same way.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Reboot your pc.
Fix 3: Reset Catroot2 Folder
The catroot2 folder may be the culprit behind the Error Code 0x8024a105, so try to reset it by following the steps given below.
- In the search bar, type command prompt or CMD or and open it as admin.
- Now type the following command in the black windows one by one and don’t forget to press enter after pasting each command.
net stop cryptsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Now delete all the file in Catroot2 Folder and restart your pc.
Fix 4: Fix the Corrupted Files
- Again to solve this error, we use the command prompt option as dictated above open command prompt as an admin.
- Now copy-paste the following command in the window of cmd.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Press enter and DCIM tool find and solve the error.
- Reboot your pc or laptop and update windows 10.
Fix 5: Customize Windows Update Settings
- Go to the right side of the window and open notification panel and choose all settings from it.
- Pick Update and Security >> Advanced Options.
- Now check the box with the message “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.“
- Click on Delivery Optimization while using a local network and allow downloads from other PCs by turning on option.
- Retry the update of windows.
Fix 6: Perform a Clean Boot
- Open the run tab by pressing the Windows Key and R button together.
- In the search bar type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- It will open the System Configuration utility window.
- Next, click on Services Tab and hide all Microsoft Services check box.
- Click on Disable all button and press OK.
Fix 7: Reset Windows Update Tool Agent
- From the Microsoft, download the Reset Windows Update Agent tool.
- Right click on it and choose run as admin.
- Press Y and hit enter.
- The process will check all the issues related to windows.
- In the result, it will show error 0x8024a105 resolved or not.
Fix 8: Update Drivers
This problem can also occur due to corrupted, faulty or outdated drivers. So update the drivers as it can solve the problem.
- Press Windows Key and X key together and choose Device Manager.
- Find all outdated drivers and update the driver.
- If you find this process little techie or tricky, then you can use an automatic driver updater software also.
Fix 9: Reboot Your System
Reboot the system is little odd, but I have observed that while the pc reboots, the Windows will continue its update, and hence the reboot take some time.
Fix 10: Switch Internet Connection
It is all about fixes of 0x8024a105 windows update. For me rebooting my pc works successfully to solve this error, which works for you? Let us know by posting your comment the comment section below. Thank you!