Do you face a problem with your Xbox 360 controller not working? If yes, then you are at the right place. We will provide all the solutions to fix this issue.
There are so many gamers who like to use their Xbox 360 Controller with Window 10 operating system while playing their most favorite game. So, there are so many gamers who prefer to use Xbox controller as compared to a keyboard and mouse to play the game, it is very easy that there are so many PC games allow you to play a game with Xbox controller using with the help of USB interface.
- Razer Synapse Not Working on Windows 10 – How to fix
- Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt Error on Windows 10 – How to Fix
- Windows 10 Store Not Working
But, there are so many users who are facing a problem that Xbox 360 controller not working Windows 10 and today we are going to tell you that how to fix xbox 360 controller Windows 10 issue.
Fix – Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working Windows 10
Table of Contents
- 1 Fix – Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working Windows 10
- 2 SOLUTION NUMBER 1- Install the driver manually.
- 3 SOLUTION NUMBER 2- Uninstall the driver
- 4 SOLUTION NUMBER 3- Install the latest drivers.
- 5 Fix – Xbox 360 Controller Windows 10 Steam issues
- 6 SOLUTION NUMBER 1- Uncheck “Remember this application as a game” in Windows Game overlay
- 7 SOLUTION NUMBER 2- Turns off Game Bar
- 8 SOLUTION NUMBER 3 – Disable Game DVR in Xbox app
- 9 How to fix Windows 10 and Xbox 360 controller blinking buttons
- 10 Solution number 1- Make sure that you have latest updates installed
- 11 SOLUTION NUMBER 2 – Reconnect your controller
- 12 How to fix Xbox 360 controller play and charge issues on Windows 10
- 13 SOLUTION – Use wired controller or purchase Bluetooth receiver for Xbox 360 controller
- 14 How to fix the problem with wired Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10
- 15 SOLUTION- Make sure that you’re using the powered USB port
In this, we fix the problem of Xbox360 Controller Windows 10 driver problems
SOLUTION NUMBER 1- Install the driver manually.
If you’re using wireless Xbox controller for PC, then all you need to use a wireless receiver to connect the controller to your PC. But, sometimes drivers for wireless receiver have to be updated, or may be your Xbox 360 controller will not work on windows 10. To update the driver for your receiver all you need to follow the below steps:
- First, open the Device Manager. You can retrieve Device manager by clicking on Windows Key + X and Select Device Manager from the list which is display on the screen.
- When open the Device Manager then make sure that your receiver is connected to your PC. Navigate to other device section and enlarge it. Right Click on the Unknown Device and then choose the option of Updated driver software from the menu. Don’t miss to check driver updater software.
- Click on the option which is mentioning like this “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now click on let me pick from a list of device on my computer.
- Now, you are able to see a list of devices from that list you have to select Xbox 360 peripherals and click “Next”.
- Select the latest Receiver driver option which is given on the list and then click on the Next button. If you get a pop-up all you have to do is – click on OK button and wait for the driver to install on your PC.
- At last all you need to hold the paring button on your Bluetooth receiver and on your Xbox 360 Controller for few seconds. After doing this procedure your computer will definitely recognize your controller.
After the procedure of installing the driver, your Xbox 360 driver windows 10 should start working on your Window 10 System without any difficulty. It has been reported that this solution works with third party receiver as well, so still, if you don’t use Microsoft receiver, it even works without any difficulties as long as you install Microsoft’s drivers.
SOLUTION NUMBER 2- Uninstall the driver
Periodically Xbox 360 controller may not work on Windows 10 because of the bad driver, and if that is the reason the best way is to uninstall that driver and allow a window to install it again. To uninstalling the drive follow the bellow steps which are mentioning:
- Open the Device Manager.
- In Device Manager select the open of Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and right click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option from the menu
- When the driver has been uninstalled successfully, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.
SOLUTION NUMBER 3- Install the latest drivers.
Sometimes Xbox 360 Controller Windows 10 may not be recognized due to the outdated driver and if that is the problem then make sure that your Windows 10 is updated with the latest patches. But from the other side, you can also download the necessary drivers. After the downloading process you can install the perfect driver and after this Xbox 360 controller will start working again in your Computer.
Also read: system_service_exception windows 10
Fix – Xbox 360 Controller Windows 10 Steam issues
SOLUTION NUMBER 1- Uncheck “Remember this application as a game” in Windows Game overlay
It has been reported by the users that Xbox 360 Controller has few issues with Steam, and according to the user they even cannot retrieve steam function by pressing the center button on Xbox 360 controller. By default, if you press the center button on your Xbox 360 controller should give you steam overlay, but for some reason Windows Game Overlay appear alternatively. This is not the thing which gamers want and if you want to fix this problem, only you have to follow the below steps which are mentioning:
- Press center button on Xbox 360 controller while you’re playing any of the steam game.
- When Windows Game cover appears, uncheck “Remember this application as a game”.
When you have done that, Windows Game cover will be disabled while you’re playing games on steam and steam cover should be restored automatically.
SOLUTION NUMBER 2- Turns off Game Bar
- Press the central button on your Xbox 360 controller
- Select the option of “yes this is a Game” in order to retrieve the Game Bar.
- Now select the Settings icon which on the right side.
- Uncheck Open Game Bar using* on a Controller.
SOLUTION NUMBER 3 – Disable Game DVR in Xbox app
Many Xbox app user has reported that sometimes Game DVR functionality of Xbox app create a problem with Xbox 360 controller and also for steam. The users have complained that the center button is not working properly while playing steam games. It’s not a big problem. You can easily fix this issue by disabling Game DVR functionality in Xbox App. Below is the step to disable Game DVR in Xbox App
Step 1: First press Windows Key + Search and type Xbox. Now Choose Xbox app from the given list of results.
Step 2: Now start Xbox app and click Settings (gear icon).
Step 3: Now you need to go to Game DVR tab and don’t forget to Take screenshots using Game DVR option is disabled.
Solution number 1- Make sure that you have latest updates installed
There are so many users who have reported blinking button on Xbox 360 controller and if you have a same type of problem, so first advice is for you to install the latest updates for Windows 10. To do that, follow these steps which are mentioning below:
- Open Settings app and go to Update & Security section.
- Then select the option of Windows Update and download all the available updates. Furthermore, you may be want to download the optional updates so you can do that as well because those updates are often designed to update your gaming device and hardware.
- After the updates have been downloaded, now you can Restart you computer.
- After your computer restarts, check it out that the issue is resolved.
SOLUTION NUMBER 2 – Reconnect your controller
There are so many users who reported that their wired Xbox360 controller is blinking when window 10 wakes up from the Sleep Mode. In order to fix this problem of blinking Xbox 360 controller, you just need to unplug it and connect it to your computer again.
As per the reviews, this solution works if you’re using wired Xbox 360 controller, but if you are using the wireless controller, then you might want to unplug your Bluetooth receiver and connect it back again.
Don’t miss this: How to Setup Dual Monitors Windows 10
How to fix Xbox 360 controller play and charge issues on Windows 10
SOLUTION – Use wired controller or purchase Bluetooth receiver for Xbox 360 controller
Xbox 360 play and charge is only designed to recharge your wireless Xbox 360 controller at the time you play the game on Xbox 360 and charge cable works with Windows 10, but using play and cable won’t permit you to play games on window 10 with wireless Xbox 360 controller.
Play and charge cable is only designed to recharge the batteries on your wireless Xbox 360 Controller, and even if you have your controller connected to your PC, the controller still uses wireless signals to interact or communicate with your PC/ Xbox console. If you want then you have to purchase the special Bluetooth receiver for recharge your wireless Xbox 360 controller at the time of playing games on Windows 10 computer.
How to fix the problem with wired Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10
SOLUTION- Make sure that you’re using the powered USB port
Most of the time wired Xbox 360 controller could not work with Windows 10 if you connect it with the help of USB Port on the front of your computer. For not facing this problem it is better to connect the USB port on the back of the computer because those ports are us usually powered USB ports.
Using Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10 is the best way to save money since both the wireless and wired Xbox 360 controller are compatible with Windows 10. While Xbox 360 controllers may have some issues with without 10 but with the help of these solutions, you can easily resolve them.
Thank you for staying with Windows 10 Helps till here. We are trying our best to provide you all the solutions for “Xbox 360 Controller Driver Windows 10 – Issues Fixed” properly. These all are the best solutions. We hope that this content will be helpful for you because we try to give you all the solutions as much as we can.