Are you facing Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point on Windows 10 error? In this article, we will tell you on how to recover from this problem with wireless adapter or access point Windows 10.
Generally, all the Windows 10 computers access the internet through the wireless adapter. But if you don’t configure these wireless adapters properly then it might pose problems for you. One of such problems is the occurrence of the error message Problem with wireless adapter or access point.
Also Check: Xbox 360 wireless controller driver windows 10
Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point Windows 10
Table Of Contents
- 1 Problem With Wireless Adapter or Access Point Windows 10
- 2 Method 1: Remove the Wireless Network Profile
- 3 Using Network List:
- 4 Using Command Prompt:
- 5 Method 2: Checking whether you have the latest drivers installed
- 6 Method 3: Checking if the password is correct
- 7 Method 4: Checking using Command Prompt
- 8 Method 5: Removing the Antivirus software installed in your system
- 9 Method 6: Checking whether your Wireless network adapter is disabled
- 10 Method 7: Resetting your router
Method 1: Remove the Wireless Network Profile
It is possible that many times the configuration of your Wi-Fi profile might get corrupted which can be the reason to the error Problem with wireless adapter or access point. To remove this error it is suggested that you delete your existing wireless profile. Deleting the existing wireless profile can be done in two given ways:
Using Network List:
To remove the wireless network profile using network list follow the given steps:
- Click on the network icon in your taskbar and open the list of all the networks available.
- Now, search the required network name from the list available and right-click on it.
- Click on the option Forget this network. This will delete the wireless network profile of that network from your computer.
- Now, finally reboot the device and try to reconfigure the connection to the network.
Using Command Prompt:
If the above method doesn’t work for you then you can delete the wireless network profile by using command prompt as well. This is how you can do it:
- Press the Windows key and the key X of the keyboard simultaneously. This will open the Power user menu.
- Under this menu, choose the Command Prompt (Admin) and then open it using Run As Administrator.
- When the command prompt window appears type in the given command and press Enter key.
netsh wlan delete profile name=”WirelessProfileName”
Remember to replace the WirelessProfileName with the name of the wireless connection that you are using.
Method 2: Checking whether you have the latest drivers installed
Sometimes these types of problems can occur due to the presence of some outdated drivers. To try to fix the problem, you should also update your drivers and keep updating them regularly. To update the drivers, all you have to do is to visit the website of your network adapter manufacturer. Then search for your device and download the latest drivers that are available for it.
If not that, then you can also install the drivers using the CD that came along with your wireless adapter. Installing the drivers from the CD given with the wireless adapter can help you in case you do not have an appropriate Internet connection. But you should remember that those drivers present in the CD might also be not the latest versions.
Must Read: Fixing Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10
Method 3: Checking if the password is correct
You should always use a password with your Wi-Fi network to protect it. But sometimes it is possible that you might enter the wrong password accidentally while trying to connect to your wireless network and this might result in the occurrence of the error Problem with wireless adapter or access point.
To solve this problem, you need to first disconnect from your network and then reconnect to it again. You need to be sure that the password you are entering is the correct one. In some rare cases where you use different input languages on your PC, it is possible that your keyboard might enter different characters itself. So you should be double sure that you are entering the correct password.
Recommended: How to Fix Unexpected Store Exception in Windows 10?
Method 4: Checking using Command Prompt
You can also fix the issues related to the wireless connection by running certain commands in the Command Prompt. To solve using Command Prompt, follow the given steps:
- First of all, you need to start and run Command Prompt as administrator.
- After the Command Prompt starts, enter the following commands on the black screen:
netsh Winsock reset
netsh int IP reset
After the successful executing of all the commands, close the Command Prompt and check if the problem still persists.
Method 5: Removing the Antivirus software installed in your system
Antivirus software is very much necessary for your safety online, but it is possible that your antivirus programs and software might interfere with your wireless network connections and cause the error Problem with wireless adapter or access point.
To solve this problem you are required to temporarily disable your antivirus software and remove all the other third-party antivirus tools from your computer and check if the problem is still present. If not then there is a problem with your antivirus software and you should switch to some different antivirus software.
Method 6: Checking whether your Wireless network adapter is disabled
Sometimes these types of errors, such as Problem with wireless adapter or access point, can occur if the wireless network adapter that you are using is disabled. The reason for disabling of your network adapter could be the installation of some third-party application. So it is advised that you check whether your network adapter is enabled or disabled. To check that, you need to follow these given steps:
- Press Windows Key and the key X of the keyboard simultaneously.
- Now, choose Device Manager from the list of options available to you.
- When the Device Manager window appears, search for your wireless adapter and double click on it to open its properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and choose the Enable button. If you do not find the Enable button, then it means that your network adapter is enabled and working properly.
Method 7: Resetting your router
You can also solve the error Problem with wireless adapter or access point by resetting your router as it is generally observed that this error is caused by improper router configuration. To reset the router, all you have to do is to press the reset button that is present on your router. You can also open the router settings and choose the reset option from it. It is advised that before resetting your router you should save and export your entire configuration so that you do not need to enter the configuration details manually. You can also go through your router’s manual to learn how to reset your router and how to export your router’s configuration.
Some Related Solution: